Cressi is a well-known, trusted name in the world of diving and spearfishing. This Italian company delivers their high-quality products worldwide since 1946. They maintain a significant presence in spearfishing since the earliest days of the sport. Thanks to their know-how and experience in the industry, Cressi products are celebrated among spearfishers and freedivers all around the world. In this article we discuss which models you can choose from if you want to buy a Cressi freedive mask, we review Cressi Nano, Cressi Superocchio, Cressi Metis and Cressi Calibro freediving masks.
Freedivers choice – Cressi freedive mask on the Top 5 mask for freediving list
The Cressi name is associated with high quality in diving, snorkeling, freediving and spearfishing. This still family owned company dedicated to serve sport enthusiasts at the highest level delivering full line equipment. The company’s freediving and spearfishing equipment are celebrated worldwide: Cressi freediving fins are among the top-rated freediving fins with excellent efficiency-performance ratio, and the Cressi Nano model is considered one of the best low volume masks for freediving.
Cressi freedive mask models
The classic looking Nano Cressi freedive mask has a well-deserved on the Top 5 freediving masks list. Cressi Nano is a nice, small and compact great fitting for small and medium faced divers with large nose pocket. Easy to equalize due to the low internal volume. Semi-frameless design with two separate lenses that provide a wide field of view thanks to the teardrop design. Comfortable, flexible buckles. Double skirt design offers wide sealing area made of soft silicone.
- Cressi Nano 2 Window Free Diving Mask
- Designed for Advanced Free-Diving and Spear-Fishing
- Completely flexible, virtually indestructible buckle system
- Helps Divers Cut-through-the-Water and Aid-Movements in Small Spaces
- Internal Volume is Minimal, Doesn't Require Intentional Equalizing
A classical tried and tested freediving mask that has been around for decades. It is one of the original low volume masks. Cressi Superocchio used widely by not only freedivers but spearfishers and divers too, fits pretty much everyone. An affordable, though mask from Cressi. This is a freediving mask that you can use years without having any damage or break, but if it needed, the strap or the lenses can be replaced. Small size and minimal internal volume minimize drag and resistance. Strap attached directly onto the frame with hinged adjustment system. Wide skirt made from good quality silicone stops water from getting in.
- The Superocchio is a low-volume mask ideal for scuba divers and freedivers.
- The skirt is made in soft silicone that adapts easily to various face shapes ensuring a perfect seal.
- The skirt is joint at the rigid frame made in durable technopolymer.
- The two lenses are made of tempered glass.
- The nose pocket is soft and easy-to-reach ensuring an easy equalization with two fingers.
Metis is the second most celebrated Cressi freedive mask after Cressi Nano, designed for advanced freedivers and spearfishers. Hydrodynamic, compact shape, minimal internal volume, lightweight design make Cressi Metis freediving mask a great choice. Inverted teardrop lenses made from tempered glass for clear view. Easy adjustable double button buckles, wide anatomical silicone skirt with double feathered edge for the perfect seal, and extra comfort. One hand nose pocket provides easy equalization even when wearing thick gloves.
Cressi Metis is available in black, brown, green colors, with clear, yellow and HD mirror lenses.
- 2-window low volume mask suitable for freediving, spearfishing and also for scuba diving.
- Skirt made in high quality Silicone, a more comfortable and long lasting material than the traditional plastic PVC.
- Designed to have the lens close to the eyes, enhancing the field of view.
- The inverted teardrop lens shape improves downward visibility.
- Push button buckles to easily adjust strap length, even with gloves.
Note: mirrored lenses are useful while spearfishing since they prevent the fish making eye contact with the hunter and increase the possibility of a good shot. Yellow lenses help to reduce glare at the surface.
The newest Cressi freedive mask with exclusive construction systems providing lightness, low internal volume (85 cm3) and excellent field of view. Medium dimensions frame and skirt providing comfortable fit. Reduced lens/face distance to avoid suction effect, this freediving mask simply settles on the face. Cressi Calibro lenses extended via soft curved lines over cheekbones for improved side visibility. Buckles assembled into the frame for better stability. A new approach to solve the fogging problem, Calibro Cressi freedive mask features a membrane that surrounds the inner nose pocket creating a barrier to stop warm air condense on the lenses. This system with your usual anti-fogging procedures can stop fogging throughout your entire dive. The practical matt coating prevents reflections.